Gryphon Mananagement Guest Blog
We asked Mark Dougill, Director and Principle Consultant at Gryphon Management a few questions around Health & Safety:
- What are your key tips for getting Health & Safety right?
I find getting some good communication in early on in the process. Understand who the key stakeholders are…..try and build a full understanding of all the different roles and responsibilities. Once this is achieved, we can then wrap a robust health and safety management solution around the project
- What measures are in place at Gryphon Management for managing your Health & Safety?
We have our own Health and Safety system but we usually elect to appoint a partner (Safety Smart) to help us be leading edge in our overall services. We also find that having a partner in this area brings an independence to the process that is important when making decisions that have H&S implications
- Why is Health & Safety important to Gryphon Management?
Health & Safety is at the heart of every successful business and this is especially true in the rail sector. It is vital to our reputation and the reputation / well-being of our clients that we deliver great service, great value and above all, a safe service
- Could you tell us a little more about Gryphon Management and what you do?
Gryphon Management provides specialist management and engineering consultancy services within the UK Rail and Metro sectors.
Established in 2008, we have gained an excellent reputation for delivering significant value and strategic support to our distinguished client base which consist of Infrastructure Operators, Train Operators, PTEs, Telecoms Integrators, Telco Operators, Development Companies, Product Manufacturers and other specialised consultancy organisations.
Our principal partners have decades of specialist knowledge and experience within the UK Rail and Metro sectors. In addition to this, we also have an enviable network of affiliated partner organisations. These partners enable Gryphon Management to undertake a wide range of projects and advisory assignments that include:
• Railway estates management
• Refranchising support
• Bid management & support
• Supporting and leading client teams
• Developing investment ideas and decisions
• Advising on funding opportunities
• Station technologies and innovation
• Fibre and Copper Based Networks
• Station Information Systems
• Surveillance Systems
• IP Telephony and Enterprise Solutions
• Operational Radio Solutions
• Energy Monitoring & Management Solutions
• Asset Condition Monitoring
The Gryphon Management team are currently supporting the new Arriva Rail North franchise across a number of key station projects. In June 2016, Gryphon were appointed as Principal Designers and technical advisors for the deployment of new Automatic Ticket Gates at 8 key Northern Stations. The project had very aggressive timescales and involved significant stakeholder engagement. To date, the project have completed ATG installations at Liverpool Lime Street, Salford Crescent, Bolton and Wigan Wallgate with four remaining stations being due for completion by March 2017.
Request A Call!
Want a free no-obligation consultation? Fill in the form below and we'll give you a call!