Is your Organisation Managing Stress Effectively?
A Labour Force Survey 2010/11 showed that out of 1,152,000 cases of all work related illness, 400,000 were stress related cases, a staggering amount.
Effectively Managing Stress
- Does your organisation have an effective management strategy to assess, monitor and control stress for employees?
- If so, do you think that your strategy is up to date and effective?
Stress Awareness Day
The International Stress Management Association (ISMA) is holding its annual Stress Awareness Day today, 2nd November, so on this basis, we are using the opportunity to highlight to our client base the significant adverse impact that stress can play in the workplace.
The HSE are currently overhauling their guidance on stress in an effort to make it more user friendly with up to date case studies. We will provide you with regular updates on the HSE’s new guidance and also our guidance concerning your management of stress and lastly, some helpful tips to ensure that your company’s management of stress is as effective as it can be.
ISMA practitioners have identified 4 key areas of work related mindset change to assist employers in ensuring that their employees’ feel as though they are provided with sufficient support and assistance in identifying and elevating stress in the workplace:
- Performance –Do employees’ understand their role and how they are contributing to the business?
- Engagement – Do employees’ feel as though they are fully motivated and involved in the workplace? (It is important in this regard for employees to feel as though they are aware of the vision for the future of the company and the company ethos.)
- Resilience – What support is required to ensure that employees’ feel as though they can confidently face the future?
- Clarity – Identifying what employees need to do to achieve their goals.
Request A Call!
Want a free no-obligation consultation? Fill in the form below and we'll give you a call!